Is your family prepared for a tornado, hurricane, flood, or other disaster?
Emergency Supply Checklist
Make a Plan
Disasters rarely strike on your schedule so it is important to have a plan in advance. Your plan should include things like:
- What are the safe places to seek shelter in your home?
- How will you contact your family, friends, neighbors?
- What should you do in various disaster situations (hurricane, tornado, fire, flood, etc...)?
Sunday, April 28th 2:30 to 4:30 pm at St. Thomas More Catholic Church in the St. Anthony Room. 940 Carmichael St., Chapel Hill Interpreters: English and Spanish
Thursday, May 9th 9:00 to 11:00 am at Seymour Center, 2551 Homestead Rd., Chapel Hill Interpreters: English and Mandarin
Saturday, May 11th 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at Southern Human Services Center, 2501 Homestead Rd., Chapel Hill Interpreters: English with Arabic, Burmese, Kinyarwanda and Karen.
Questions? Contact Daniel Kashdan or Mike DeFranco.
Daniel Kashdan: 919-245-2431 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike DeFranco: 919-245-2077 or email@example.com
Preparedness Workshops in English, Spanish, Chinese, Kinyarwanda, Burmese, Karen and Arabic:
FLYER IN ENGLISH
FLYER IN SPANISH
FLYER IN CHINESE
FLYER IN KINYARWANDA
FLYER IN BURMESE
FLYER IN KAREN
FLYER IN ARABIC
Visit Ready.gov for a downloadable plan and other helpful information to make sure you are ready in advance.
- FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- SNS - CDC's Strategic National Stockpile
- NACCHO - National Association of County and City Health Officials
- Orange County Emergency Services
- When the Sky Turns Grey - Animated video about winter storm preparedness (click video below)
For more information contact: