Family Planning Services
The Orange County Health Department provides Family Planning Services for women and men, with a special focus on teens, at both clinic sites (Hillsborough and Chapel Hill).
- Confidential services for all patients
- Services are by appointment
- Same day or next day appointments are available
- Cost of services is on a sliding fee scale based on income
- Medicaid and Family Planning Medicaid Waivers accepted
- Language interpreters are provided as needed or requested
- Family Planning Services include:
- Counseling on birth control methods and STD prevention
- Cervical cancer and STD screening
- Physical Examination
- Provision of Birth Control method or prescription
- Free pregnancy tests
Learn more about different types of birth control and STD prevention on our Birth Control page and at https://www.bedsider.org/methods.
For more information or to make an appointment, call the Health Department Medical Clinic at 919-245-2400.